Wednesday, June 13, 2007

june update

firstly let me thank you all again for your constant prayers which have been a great support and encouragement. special thanks to everyone for texting, phoning, visiting, cards and practical support. ruth and i have been deeply touched and moved by your interest. i have been astounded at the number of churches praying for me from all around the world - ireland, scotland, england, wales, france, tanzania, zambia, usa, argentina, ecuador, new zealand, canada ...... wow! praise God for the blessed fellowship of the redeemed!
since my last posting i received news from the Oncologist that i needed almost 6 months of chemotherapy - 12 separate treatments, 2 weeks apart. that takes me to october so your long term prayers are much appreciated.
i thank the Lord that the side effects have been bearable and i am able to go about my life in a fairly normal manner. i am still not really fit for work but have been trying to maintain an interest in continuing my studies at icc. in fact i am sitting the theology exam tomorrow that was missed in march due to the op.
i am so grateful for the support of the fellowship at strathaven evangelical church and for many of my close friends that have been walking with me on this difficult leg of my journey.
let me leave you with some lovely words that were texted to me by my good friend brian on easter sunday morning;

"BECAUSE THE SON IS RISEN I CAN FACE EVERY DAY THE SUN RISES"

AMEN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home